Hello!

Hello!
I'm Dane.... pleased to meet you!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

"My Arrested Development"

It's a beautiful Monday. The sun is out, birds are chirping, the snails are out mingling with the worms. Sure they have a tried relationship over the argument of which species kids are more curious about. The slugs are lazing about dreaming of a world without salt. It's all around a glorious God-given day. Except for me.

I have slept a mere 5 hours and after working from 10pm Sunday night until 8am Monday morning, I am, now, finishing up a second shift on that very same Monday. The birds are chirping, I wish I had a B-B gun. The snails are mingling with the worms, I wish I had a magnifying glass. The slugs are lazing about, dreaming of a world without salt. I wish I was the "salt god." Needless to say, I do not deal well with being tired.

Fast forward to 8 O'clock. I am on my way home, filthy from doing yard work, I am exhausted and never mind the fact that I wasn't even scheduled to work on this "glorious God-given" Monday. All I can think about is how amazing my sheets are going to feel and how soft my down-pillow is as the I acknowledge the futility of challenging gravity any longer.

"Only two more blocks... just two mo-"

Sirens. Epileptic flashing lights, and the blinding bright of that perfectly trained spotlight.

"Uh-oh. This can't be good."

(To be continued...)

No comments: