Hello!

Hello!
I'm Dane.... pleased to meet you!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

"My Dance With The Devil"

Walks suck. I hate them. I don't care what games you play while walking either. "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back", yeah that's crap. You're moms back will break either way. Those games are like Hopscotch, straight child's play. With Chucky and everything. The bottom line is you just should never go on a walk...

Have you ever been in a situation where you know you're battling with two different "you's"? Like the whole "angel on one shoulder, devil on the other" addage? You know what i'm talking about...

I honestly think that in those situations the outcome is entirely dependent on the subjective nature of which "you" wins. If something tells you to jump in front of a speeding locomotive... it's probably the devil trying to deceive... actually I guarantee it. Please don't listen to that voice... On the other hand if something tells you to communicate with someone important to you... you should probably listen. Because I guarantee you it's the Holy Spirit looking out for you.

I had one of those nights. For some reason the devil likes to attack me when I am on short sleep. But this evening I had the devil loudly on one shoulder and an God loudly on the other shoulder and an innocent bystander caught in the middle. Blast...

Here's the conversation they had:

"it's because you're a failure"
"it's because you will be victorious"
"don't say a word"
"respect her boundaries"
"hahahaha it's because I have you beaten down"
"it's because I must heal you"
"it's because you're a loser"
"it's because I have not said it's time"
"it's because I still have my hold on you"
"it's because I must cast the devil from you"
"it's because you're not rooted"
"it's because I must root you"
"remember how much you've sinned?"
"remember how I forgave?"

God is the only hope we have. Put your hope in Him, lean on Him.

No comments: